Finding the Freelance Clients You Deserve
A set-by-step online course to help you grow your freelance business
Do you struggle to get high-paying freelance work and clients and build a stable, successful business?
This isn’t your fault.
If you’re like most freelancers, you never had a chance to learn about marketing. You may not know what to do, or how to do it. Or maybe what you’ve tried hasn’t worked.
So you end up take whatever work comes along.
But it doesn’t have to be that way.
Finding the Freelance Clients You Deserve gives you a proven process for getting the steady, high-paying clients you deserve. The 7-week online course has helped hundreds of freelancers grow their freelance businesses.
Watch my video about the course.
What You’ll Learn
- How to find or refine your specialty
- What your clients really need and why this matters
- How to find steady, high-paying clients
- How to attract those clients
- What client-focused marketing is and how to do it
- How to get more referrals
- The easy way to get even more steady, high-paying clients
How the Course Helps Freelancers
Kathleen finds focus and attracts steady, high-paying clients.
Trying to figure out how to build a freelance business on her own wasn’t working for Kathleen Labonge, MBA. The freelance medical copyeditor didn’t know what to do and she lacked confidence.
During Finding the Freelance Clients You Deserve, Kathleen learned how to focus her freelance business and developed marketing tools to attract steady, high-paying clients. Through personalized coaching, she built her confidence.
“The knowledge and confidence I gained from the course and Lori’s mentoring enabled me to build a successful freelance business, and I haven’t looked back since!”
Margaret grows a new freelance business during the pandemic.
When Margaret Johnson, PhD, moved from academia to freelance medical writing, she had strong experience. But she wasn’t fully booked and she wasn’t making a living as a freelancer.
Within a few months of finishing Finding the Freelance Clients You Deserve—during the first year of the COVID-19 pandemic—Margaret got four new clients and started growing her freelance business.
“The course was fantastic—it not only met but exceeded everything I’d heard. Lori is a true expert and shares her knowledge generously.”
Erik finds better clients in growing markets.
After freelancing for a few years, freelance writer Erik MacLaren, PhD, wanted to find more interesting work that paid him well. During Finding the Freelance Clients You Deserve, Erik refined his specialty to focus on types of clients and freelance work that offer lots of opportunities. He also learned how to find and attract those clients.
“I feel much more confident that I will be able to locate clients that need my services and engage them,” he says.
Eva builds confidence and gets better clients
After 21 years of freelancing, Eva Stabenow, CT (EN-DE), was doing well. But the translator and conference interpreter wanted to work a little less and with better clients. Eva didn’t know where to start and she was undervaluing her services.
Personalized coaching in Finding the Freelance Clients You Deserve increased Eva’s confidence and helped her develop marketing to attract the clients she most wanted to work with. Eva began pursuing freelance jobs that she would have been too intimidated to go after before—and getting them.
“This course and Lori’s mentoring gave me more confidence than I ever thought possible and helped me access and seize an amazing number of opportunities after a mere two months.”
Cheryl doubles her income and works with better clients.
Cheryl McCutchan, PhD, moved from science writing to medical writing. But she didn’t know how to find enough freelance work. Through Finding the Freelance Clients You Deserve, she was able to fill her “dance card.”
“I was able to set a base rate of pay that is more than double what I was making a year ago,” says Cheryl. “I now know that there is no need to accept work from clients that can’t pay me at least that rate.”
Kalpana changes careers and successfully launches her freelance business.
After working in the pharmaceutical industry for six years, Kalpana Shankar, PhD, wanted to translate her experience into freelance medical writing. She had the skills and experience to succeed. But she didn’t know how to get started.
Finding the Freelance Clients You Deserve helped Kalpana learn how to focus her freelance business and develop client-focused marketing tools. She successfully launched her freelance business during the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Before starting this course, I lacked focus and confidence. Now I am confident that I can effectively market my writing services.”
What the Course Covers
Choosing Your Money-Making Specialty(ies)
Learn about the fastest, easiest way to get steady, high-paying clients.
- Find and assess freelance opportunities in different specialties
- Choose or refine your money-making specialty(ies)
- Prepare to get steady, high-paying clients in your specialty(ies)
BONUS: Stand out in a Sea of Freelancers: Branding module
Finding the Right Prospects
Choose the steady, high-paying clients you want to work with.
- Choose your ideal clients
- Find the right contact people in each organization
- Get the hard-to-find contact information for the right people
Reaching and Attracting Prospects with Direct Email
Get the attention of your prospects and persuade them to hire you.
- Show your expertise and understanding of client needs
- Write direct email copy that prospects will read
- Start to build relationships with prospects and get clients
Attracting Clients with LinkedIn
Stand out from the sea of freelancers on LinkedIn.
- Write a client-focused LinkedIn profile
- Attract attention and get found with your headline and About
- Include the key content
Attracting Clients with Your Website
Impress high-paying clients with your client-focused website.
- Do less marketing by pre-selling clients with your website
- Develop compelling content and a remarkable home page
- Use an engaging design that’s visually engaging and clear
Meeting People Who Can Help and Hire You
Get more referrals and other freelance work.
- Get more referrals by building a strategic network
- Discover the attitude that makes networking easier and more effective
- Learn how to network in person and online
Being in the Right Place when Clients Need a Freelancer
Make clients and colleagues think of you first for freelance work.
- Get top-of-mind-awareness with clients and colleagues
- Develop a list of people to stay in touch with
- Plan your targeted follow-up
You CAN grow your freelance business. Let me help you.
Since 2016, I’ve helped hundreds of freelancers get the steady, high-paying clients they deserve and grow their freelance businesses. My proven process can help you do this too.
Will the Course Work for Me?
Yes, if you’re willing to put in the time and effort. The course will help you position your business to get the clients you deserve and move toward doing this. But if you’re looking for an easy, effortless way to get great clients instantly, then the course isn’t for you.
If you want to be the first to know when the course opens again:
- Email me at email@example.com
- In the subject line, write: Course priority list.
Invest in Your Success
Self-Study Course: $397
Personalized Coaching Course: $797
When you can take the course
I offer the course 3 times a year:
- Winter: Starting in late January
- Spring: Starting in late April
- Fall: Starting in late September
Spaces are limited. If you want to be the first to know when the course is open again:
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write Course Priority List in the subject line.
Email me: email@example.com